Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Great Find!

Last Saturday afternoon, I went to a book sale up at Museum Hill (where there are several museums all in the same place) I was lucky to find the most wonderful books that make me so happy!
This first one I got for the cover. It is like a beautiful carving. The images are so fantastic and such an inspiration to me...it was just $4.
...And these are really the best! I know that I had books illustrated by Virginia Kahl as a child, but I am thrilled that my friend, Anna and I found these! Lucky stars, for sure....hmmm, the "Rudolph" is really a find! "An authentic reproduction of the original edition of Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" for just $2! And we were there the last half hour of the sale....wow....

4 comments:

  1. They are amazing and nice, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish you could see the illustrations in the Virginia Kahl books. I will try to take a few "interiors"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scenes on the top book-that whole cover would make a fabulous stamp. Did you notice the hand stamped label in my apron? I saw that someone took old book covers like this one and cut out a small hole and used it as a picture frame. I loved it but could never do that to a book.....against the code of book lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! I love the label on the apron...I LOVE THE APRON!!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete