Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall in Santa Fe

This morning, I helped my friend, Elisabeth, get things organized in her new house. It is a long drive from town, but wow! what a cool place! The views are spectacular and the house has great light and radiant-heated floors. It is all steel and wood and there is a patch of grass (!) out the front door! (for those of you who do not live here, that is VERY unusual for Santa Fe.)

This is the house from the driveway....with bedrooms upstairs.

...And here is the magnificent living/dining/kitchen. The ceilings are high and the windows let in so much light!

On the way home, I had to stop to take a photo of these purple asters that are EveRyWheRe! It is the "Purple and Yellow" time of year here. The purple asters are out and the yellow "Chamisa" and all the cottonwoods and aspens are golden! It is spectacular.

These are the "polkadot hills" that I fell in love with the very first time I came to Santa Fe, 25 years ago. The "dots" are actually pinon trees, evergreens that, along with juniper, are everywhere. All the hills have them and they really are polka dotted...oh, and that is the yellow "Chamisa" in the foreground.

1 comment:

  1. I heard them described as Giant Hams Studded With Cloves. I love 'em too.

    ReplyDelete