Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Nice Day

I have not been feeling very creative the last few days. Haven't felt much like posting anything that I have been doing. I looked at photos of things and was uninspired. So, this post is just my brain doing its Stream of Consciousness blabber....
It has been a long few days - a little bit of an emotional roller-coaster. I have actually been up in the studio most of this week, which means that the rest of my life has been on hold and my neck is rather sore. I seem to have forgotten how to multi-task in my "old age" and it just continues to frustrate me...grrrrr!

One bright spot - Julie and her husband, Mark, were in town last night and this morning and it was wonderful to see her! We had dinner last night at our kitchen table (!) and breakfast this morning at the Teahouse. From there, they left to drive to Tucson, AZ and I went to the Farmer's Market and walked through this tiny shop, "ONE of ONE" that I truly enjoy. I always find great inspiration there. 
Today, I struck up a conversation with one of the owners (Melissa) and by the end of it she had lent me the most beautiful books about an artist named Charley Harper - WONDERFUL! They are her personal copies and she was so generous to lend them. I will try to get some decent photos and post them in the morning, but try to Google him - his artwork is fantastic. When I got home feeling sooo good, I went to the mailbox and there was the book, "Ring-a-Ling" that I had ordered two weeks ago! Happy Day!
My horoscope yesterday said that I needed to get rid of old ideas and do something NEW! I think I might just be ready to do that! FINALLY! Tomorrow I will finish up the Christmas cards that I am working on, get them out the door and come Monday, be ready to start on something completely different and FRESH! I can hardly wait.
Now, I am off to bed to (hopefully) sleep very soundly and awake tomorrow to a beautiful blue sky filled with sunshine. It is time to "FALL BACK", so I will set my clock an hour back and get an extra hour's sleep in the morning.....sigh....Good Night.....

1 comment:

  1. i hope that the new november brings with it fresh inspiration for you, my dear! what is this "one of one" store? i've never heard of it and it sounds DREAMY!

    sending you love and light

    ReplyDelete