Tuesday, October 20, 2009

wire bird domes

Last spring, I was determined to learn how to solder. Ha! What a challenge. I sorta got the hang of it, but I know that there is a better way to learn than "trial & error"...It would be nice to take a class, or at least get some help from someone who really knows what they are doing...
Anyway, one of my early experiments resulted in these little "Bird Domes" (they are NOT cages) I am still enchanted by them, even though they are not as refined as they might be. I need to get back to the soldering iron and brush up on my skills again. I would love to make LOTS of these and sell them somewhere....

2 comments:

  1. the endless supply of great images to post is quite overwhelming! These metal sculptures are wonderful....keep soldering...I once did evening classes in stained glass and I discovered that any craft that involve burning, pain or some kind of mortal damage definitely made the end result that much more pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see one of these next summer IRL ;)
    xx
    Becky

    ReplyDelete