Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Parisian Soiree"

My mom had the time of her life last night! She danced ALL NIGHT LONG! 
She said it was the first time in 50 years that she danced like that.
This is Mom dancing with Andrew, the bartender, who took a liking to dancing with her. He was the sweetest guy...and one of 4 or 5 guys that kept Mom on her feet the whole night! wow..

When she took a break from dancing, Mom posed in front of the Eiffel Tower that I had labored over for two days. She was pretty decked out and thought the Tower was pretty fun. 

My friend, Suby, was one of the first people I saw when we walked in. She and I went to high school together in Austin and we have both lived in Santa Fe for over 20 years. My mom hadn't seen her in a very long time and they were both pretty happy to meet up! They even danced together to the awesome band that played...

Mom and I posed in front of the Tower, for posterity. I don't often like to have photos of myself, but it was such a fun night and I thought it would be good to document it.
We even got Cullen to join us in one shot (below) He helped me "build" the final Tower with the lights and everything. I am pleased with how it turned out.
We danced and danced and DANCED the whole evening - it was a blast! I hope that everyone had as much fun as we did.....

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your sweet mom, Jone! xoCharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mum looks so nice!
    Congratulations to her and the awesome construction of "La tour Eiffel"!
    Love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, 3 things to note here, Your mum looks so beautiful...and happy, ( I want that scarf...) You look great, cool and trendy, The eiffel tower is awesome, you never said it was going to be soooo huge! Oh yes, and your hubby looks pretty hollywood as well!
    I would have loved to have been there with you, it looks like such fun...Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures of a very fun gala!!!!! Your Mom is just gorgeous! You are both very lucky to have such beautiful hair!!!!! And to be able to share such a magical evening together! LOVE- Oolie
    P.S. The Eiffel Tower turned out perfect...ohlala!

    ReplyDelete