Saturday, January 9, 2010

TOILE

Well, I have found inspiration again!
I do not know exactly where it came from, but I cannot stop sketching out ideas and thinking about colors .....
Here are some of the things that I have been working on for the next Spoonflower challenge - TOILE. I am so pleased with what is happening and excited to try more...
Above is my first attempt at a more "graphic" toile - hmmmmmmm....
I think that having a weekly challenge is so good for me because it makes me think "out of the box". I have always been good "thinking on my feet" and this is a good exercise of that.
I have also been talking to Danielle in London via Skype, which is fantastic! It makes me sooo happy! We are both amazed at the possibilities.

These houses (top and bottom) are more "me", but not quite what you might think of for a toile.  Still, they may work. I am going to play with the pattern a little more.

This last one is "A Circle of Friends" and is very nice when repeated. I am working on the flowers around it a little more, so the dancers will have a bit more "frame" around them.


It is a good time right now - beginning the decade. A clean, fresh slate awaits. Don't waste it!
Do something you have always wanted to do! Be silly...paint the wall in the bathroom a crazy color. Make something with you hands - a big, hearty soup from scratch. How 'bout cookies?! hmmmm, I might have to do that....

Stay warm and cozy and find something to make you smile. Today is worth that - and so are YOU!

4 comments:

  1. Those are really nice Jone. Hope to see more of them. Love all the different houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm I love the circle of friends in the pink....of course I will try to vote for you on as many computers as I can!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those also!!!!!
    You are cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jone, these are so cool! Love them, love them, love them!
    Keep going with this, it's obvious you're having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete