Tuesday, October 12, 2010

new BIRDS

Last night, I finally finished up these little birds that I started about a month ago.

The base is paper clay.
(do you remember the white birds on the blue plate?)
I added a couple of layers of papier mache and then wings.
After that, I curled the wire at the bottom and top, for hanging.

These two have butterfly wings with layers of glitter and mica
a view from the top

I just love the little curly-q's under the bellies of the birds....
.....what you don't see is the curly-q's at the top - as hooks

5 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! I especially love the one on top with the handwritten text. I think we could be great art playmates if given the chance. I'm happy to at least be connected through the blog world. Happy creating!

    I was just thinking that maybe next time I have art camp for my little granddaughters they might enjoy doing some papier mache birds. Thanks for the inspiration Jone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH JONE!!!! YOU SHOULD DO MORE PAPER MACHE - IT NEVER FAILS TO DELIGHT ME - I THINK THIS IS YOUR PERFECT MEDIUM! I ADORE THESE BIRDS AND THEY SHOULD FLY OFF THE SHELVES!!!! PLEASE PUT THESE ON ETSY TOO!!!! YOU COULD MAKE TINY ONES ON INVISIBLE THREAD FOR A MOBILE WHAT A JOY THAT WOULD BE WHEN A BREEZE SET IT OFF!
    XXDI

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...put them on ETSY! I love them! I was just talking with my granddaughter and she wants to use "birds" as a theme for her room. What fun to have a flock of these little beauties!
    Do you have an ETSY shop now Jone?
    Have a creative day!
    LT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have these on Etsy? I'll buy 50 of them for a mobile I'm trying to make. Please let me know.

    rockandpolish@gmail.com

    Thanks!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete